Him & Chi's Sandwhich

Yes... I know the title is grammatically incorrect. I'd still love me a ham & Cheese sandwhich though =)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fort Carson, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hallelujah!

Yesterday Arthur was able to get out of work for his first class to become a Catholic. I was so relieved that he made it to the class. I went with him to support him in his endeavor to come into my religious community. Completing this class is not going to be easy for him because he does not like the way the class is taught.

RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) is a program that pretty much helps an adult convert to the Catholic religion. Because it is a class for adults and their developing faith, the class is not so much "taught" as it is guided. The deacon that leads the classes said that one is to grow in faith through "breaking down the scripture" and connecting it to one's own life. That's not the part that Arthur doesn't like. It is the sharing of our experiences in a group that puts Arthur beside himself. I worry that he won't be able to handle it.. However, I have hope that he is strong and will persevere. Plus, I will be praying for him constantly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home