Him & Chi's Sandwhich

Yes... I know the title is grammatically incorrect. I'd still love me a ham & Cheese sandwhich though =)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fort Carson, Colorado, United States

Thursday, March 26, 2009

In the Corner of My Life

Only one life to live, how shall I live it?  I wish the question was "how do I WANT to live it?"

I want to be humble and make the best of everything God gives me, but so often do I find myself yearning for more - Nice Things, fancy modern house, with all the trimmings & personal touches. I don't know if it is with envy that I look at other people's things.  I hope not.  I believe it is just a sense of wanting to make my own life better - not so much an "I wish I had their things, I hate them for having it when I don't" ... I don't know, I see that a lot in movies where the villain's motive is driven by jealousy & consuming envy.  (This is where Hubby will come in to say, "You watch too much TV." - which, might I concur, is indefinitely true).

I will always hope for a day when I have my own craft room, with wood-framed window sills, designer layout, & decorations.  A day when I'd have time for all the craft projects that have piled up in the craft corner, the stench of forgotten passion & vigor cloaking them like a veil of cobwebs. One day, this one life shall be lived.


Until then, here are a few examples of my dream room:

Something like this only less dark...




















Something like these pictures only not so bright & antique looking:






















































The shade of blue on this wall & peg board is the exact color I'd like my craft room to be:
















Overall, I'm really drawn to the style of this blogger's home:







I love the atmosphere created by the lighting in this first picture. I would love to live in a house with a similar design - wooden door/window frames, lots of space & sitting places (i.e. couch), hardwood floors.























The wall color in the second picture is not my cup of tea, but everything else is just as I'd like my corner to be (minus what looks like a wooden closet to the right of the chair). Quaint.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home